By Danielle Hoe
You won’t be able to resist these chocolatey coffee treats in perfect squares.
Fudgy and delicious you’ll keep coming back for more.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time- 35 minutes
- 170g caster sugar
- 115g unsalted butter
- 55g plain flour
- 55g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 free range eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 55g pecans
- 100g dark chocolate
- tsp instant coffee granules
1.First preheat your oven to 180c and grease and line your baking tin with grease proof paper.
2. In a clean bowl, cream your butter and sugar together until light and creamy then beat in one egg at a time.
3. Chop your pecans and chocolate up into pieces and gently incorporate it into the egg and sugar mixture.
4. Add your baking powder and then sieve in your flour, cocoa and vanilla extract.
5. Dissolve your coffee in some warm water and add that to the mixture as well. It should be a fudgy consistency.
6. Pour your mixture into your prepared tin and smooth out the top with a spatula.
7. Place your mixture into the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Once baked leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then transfer onto a wire rack.
9. Once cool cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.
Similar brownie recipes can be found on the BBC Good Food website.